Dargues is a gold-mining and milling operation in the Southern Tablelands region of NSW, approximately 60km southeast of Canberra, which Aurelia purchased in late 2020 and successfully
integrated into our production portfolio during 2021.
Ore is mined using conventional bottom-up longhole stoping and trucked from the underground mine to a surface stockpile adjacent to the process plant. Stope voids are backfilled with cemented hydraulic fill or waste rock. Mine access is via a boxcut and decline from the surface.
Ore is treated through three-stage crushing, ball milling, flotation and dewatering circuits to produce a gold-rich pyrite concentrate that is exported for smelting.
Total gold produced during the year was 36,358 ounces. Ore processed was higher than the prior year at 370kt (FY22: 365kt) as a result of receiving approval in December 2022 to increase the annual processing cap on the mill from 355kt to 415kt. More than offsetting that benefit was a 14% reduction in gold grade to 3.21g/t. A total of 36,616 oz of gold sold, with an AISC of $2,280/oz (FY22: 37,098 oz of gold sold, with an AISC of $2,039/oz).
Dargues life-of-mine planning in FY23 indicates the completion of onsite mining and processing in 2024. Dargues Management has taken steps to ensure the strong planned cash contribution from the asset until the end of its mine life is realised.
Follow this link to view Dargues regulatory compliance reporting.
|PRODUCTION||UNIT||FY22 PRODUCTION||FY23 PRODUCTION|
100% Aurelia Metals Limited.
Underground gold mine and processing facility.
Braidwood, South-East NSW.
- Mine access is via a boxcut and decline from the surface.
- Conventional bottom-up longhole stoping.
- Ore trucked from the underground mine to a surface stockpile adjacent to the process plant.
- Stope voids are backfilled with either cemented hydraulic fill or waste rock.
- Mining operations undertaken by contractor.
- Three-stage crushing circuit, ball mill and two-stage flotation circuit producing a gold-rich pyrite concentrate.
- Permitted capacity of 415kt per calendar year.
- Process tailings are used for cemented hydraulic fill or deposited in a lined tailings storage facility.
- Ongoing preventative maintenance program to sustain plant availability.
- Substantial spare parts holding.
- Fixed plant maintenance performed by Aurelia with access to regional expertise and resources.
Sales and Logistics
- Containerised concentrate transported 300km by truck for export through Port Botany.
- Multi-year concentrate offtake agreement.
Dargues Mine videos
Dargues Mine Project Flythrough
An introduction to our Dargues Mine – a gold mining and milling operation located in the Southern Tablelands of New South Wales, approximately 60km south-east of Canberra.