Aurelia Metals is an Australian mining and exploration company with a highly strategic landholding, two operating mines in New South Wales (NSW). Peak is in the Cobar Basin in western NSW and Dargues is in southeastern NSW. The Hera mining operation, also located in the Cobar Basin, has ceased and the surface facilities have been placed into care and maintenance. In addition, Aurelia has two consented high grade development projects. The polymetallic Federation Project is currently under construction with development ore expected in 2024. The development of the Great Cobar copper deposit will follow.
We have a proud history of providing economic, social and environmental outcomes for the people of New South Wales.
Aurelia purchases Hera Mine from CBH Resources in September as an underdeveloped gold-lead-zinc silver deposit.
Following extensive geological drilling and feasibility activities, the Hera Definitive Feasibility Study is delivered.
Development approval for Hera is received from the NSW Government in July.
Hera Project construction commences in January.
First production from the Hera Mine is delivered in September.
Commercial production achieved from Hera Mine in April.
Aurelia completes the purchase of Peak Mine from Toronto-listed miner, New Gold in April.
Through accelerated mining of the high-grade polymetallic Chronos deposit, investment payback on the A$59 million purchase price was achieved within four months.
Aurelia’s exploration team discover the Federation deposit 10 kilometres from the Hera Mine – a significant discovery shaping up to be a tier one asset.
Aurelia takes ownership of the Dargues Gold Mine and regional exploration tenements on 17 December through the acquisition of all shares in Dargues Mine from Diversified Minerals.
Aurelia successfully integrates Dargues Mine into its production portfolio and continues exploration to extend the known orebody and uncover exploration upside.
- Aurelia receives Development Consent for the New Cobar Complex. The consent allows for the development of a new copper mine – Great Cobar – allowing the Company to deliver on its ‘copper ready’ strategy and extending the life of the Peak Mine to 2035.
- In October, Aurelia released the Federation Mine Feasibility Study and a maiden Ore Reserve. The Study confirms a high-grade, low capex development project, leveraging existing strategic infrastructure.
- On 18 January, Aurelia was pleased to share promising results from four Induced Polarisation (IP) surveys in its Nymagee exploration district. The results at Lancelot in particular were especially intriguing and significantly upgraded its mineral prospectivity and advanced the prospect through the Company’s exploration pipeline.
- On 2 March 2023, Aurelia announces it received Development Consent from the New South Wales Department of Planning and Environment to develop the high-grade, polymetallic Federation Mine, 10 kilometres south of its Hera operation in central-west NSW. The Federation Mine development will extract high-grade zinc and lead, as well as copper, gold and silver ore over an initial life of eight years with a production capacity of 600ktpa.
- On 24 March, the last ore from our Hera Mine was hauled to the surface. The ore was trucked to the plant for processing which was completed at 6.05 am on Monday 27 March. The mine’s transition to care and maintenance began shortly thereafter.
- Aurelia was pleased to report refinements to the Federation Feasibility Study on 13 April. The updates mitigated cost escalation and contributed positively to the Project’s valuation. Improvements were achieved in mine planning, ore flows for processing, capital scope refinement and definition, and leveraging assets and infrastructure of the Company’s nearby Hera Mine.
- Aurelia appoints Mr Bryan Quinn as new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 31 May.
- Also on 31 May, Aurelia announces it had secured a funding solution for the Federation Project comprised of ~A$100 million of new senior secured financing facilities and a A$40 million fully underwritten equity raising.
- On 2 August, Aurelia advised decline development had restarted at its Federation Project in line with the remobilisation plan, with the first cut fired safely into the decline on 1 August.
- On 24 October, Aurelia advises that it had received the Mining Lease for the Federation Project.
At the heart of our business, our Values are our greatest opportunity to exemplify the respect we have for the work we do
and the stakeholders we serve.