Our Hera site is located approximately 100km south-east of Cobar in central-west New South Wales.
In March 2023, the last ore from the underground mine was hauled to the surface and processed through the plant. The Hera assets were transition to care and maintenance in April 2023.
Since commissioning in 2014, Hera produced 3.2 million tonnes of ore, supported 180 full time jobs, and contributed to A$216 million to the local economy.
The 455ktpa process plant at Hera is equipped with a three stage crushing, gravity gold, base metal flotation and concentrate leach circuits. Tailings generated from ore processing are contained within a purpose built storage facility, located adjacent to and south of the process plant.
In future, we intend to leverage the established infrastructure at our Hera site to process ore from the nearby Federation Project. Given its exceptional grade tenor, we consider Federation to be one of the most significant regional discoveries in decades. See the Federation page for further detail.
Regulatory compliance reporting.
Follow this link to view all Hera Mine regulatory and compliance reporting.
|METAL||UNIT||FY21 PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE||FY22 PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE|
100% Aurelia Metals.
Polymetallic processing facility.
Nymagee, Central West, NSW.
- Throughput of 455ktpa.
- Primary and secondary crushing operations undertaken by contractor.
- Tertiary crushing, grinding (Verti and tower mills and Stirred Media Detritor), gravity gold with ILR, flotation and concentrate leach circuits.
- Water sourced from mine dewatering, process water recycling and rainfall runoff, supplemented by groundwater extraction.
- Electricity supplied by site LNG power plant (contractor operated).
- Products: gold and silver doré, combined (bulk) lead-zinc concentrate.